Higher Diploma in Teaching Arabic
This program is an intensive, interactive program devoted to the methodology of teaching Arabic to non-native speakers. It addresses both the practical aspects of teaching Arabic as a foreign language and the underlying linguistic and cognitive processes.
This program will consists of a theoretical background on methods of teaching foreign languages, and the practical aspects of teaching the four language skills (reading, writing, listening, and speaking). In addition, it will focus on a number of important questions confronting the teacher of Arabic as a foreign language, such as teaching grammar, designing a syllabus, Semantics and dictionaries, instructional Technology, and writing lesson plans.
Alumni apply their critical language skills in a variety of professional fields in public and private sectors as well as government, helping to support America’s competitiveness across the board.TAFL scholars represent the breadth and diversity of the United States. Through personal engagement they help to spread American values and develop mutual understanding with the people of other countries.
Program Learning Outcomes
Our High Diploma Graduate will be able to:
- Identify and communicate foreign Languages, theory into Practice in a global environment.
- Evaluate ethical issues and articulate defensible resolutions to practical situations.
- Apply Linguistics in Second and Foreign Languages
- Identify foreign Language Acquisition, theory and Practice
- Determine Sociocultural and Sociolinguistic Perspectives in Language
- Identify and communicate Practicum in Second or Foreign Language
- Provide students with higher educational and training opportunities that are flexible and accessible.
- Provide higher educational
The Certificate in Teaching Arabic for Non-Natives is a total of 16 Credit Hours. The following is a list of all the courses required for the program:
|Resources for Teaching Arabic as a Foreign Language-TAFL||3||PAL-AFL-501|
|The Phonetics of Arabic||3||PAL-AFL-502|
|Observation and Evaluation of TAFL||3||PAL-AFL-503|
|Basics of Grammar and morph||3||PAL-AFL-504|
|Fundamentals of TAFL Aquisition Skills||3||PAL-AFL-505|
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.